Monday, January 14, 2008,1/14/2008 11:38:00 PM
Kambakht Ishq....Pyaar mein Hero, cricket mein ZERO!
P.S. Exams over and I couldn’t wait to write this piece!
(I know P.S. is supposed to be at the end!..but its my blog and everything about it is unconventional!)


Well if you are wondering what that headline is for, that’s what I heard when I checked up on STAR NEWS in the evening(with the background score- kambakht ishq hai wooh…) with the above headline screaming in as
BREAKING NEWS!
It was about Yuvraj Singh and how he’s form had suddenly dipped after Deepika Padukone had come in his life..it went on to make references to his previous gf’s…as if we were interested! But hold one, somebody was that’s why that channel was still being viewed! Inspite of my repeated protests mom and dad did not switch the channel!
Their logic --> it is fun!!!!!!!!!!!

There was a time when I used to be glued to the news channel (thats when I used to wrench loose nuts of my bicycle). Then came ZEE NEWS promising to deliver accurate news with no biasing, unfortunately that was not to be!
Plethora of news channels followed on the same lines and I believe Indian Journalism has lost its path after that!

But are they really to blame for this masala viewing????
Well not really it’s an unfortunate reality that most of viewers want this mirch-masala to spice up their lives, which revolves around going about their mundane chores in nothing but a monotonous manner!

Meanwhile I can find solace only in newspaper where I choose to read what I read!

Labels:

 
posted by Nits
Permalink ¤