Thursday, January 17, 2008,1/17/2008 05:52:00 PM
NITIN...ehh thats mah name!
ok this blog is nothing about saying your name the way James bond says!!!!!



Recently while chatting over with my cousin sis, it dawned over me how many people loved to call me by my name!
My name is a palindrome and yeah the uniqueness ends then and there itself!
Ok so my story starts now…..

I was in 1st standard in city of jammu that’s my native place, was there for my summer holidays, not a great place to be during summer, Though my fun-loving cousins made it a relatively pleasant stay. So one fine morning mom tells me wear nice clothes we are going for some pooja. What pooja??????????
Ehh..some pooja. Who cares??? As it turns out it was a naming ceremony, I never understood the worthiness of that ceremony considering that I was named around 5 yrs before that ceremony took place…nevertheless four of us(cousins) including me sat around that heat-emitting, furnace like yagna!
And all that pandit cared was asking for our names and performing some strange yagna, not bothering to check up with our perspiring faces!
It started with my sis…he went on lengths to explain what a beautiful name she had and the meaning of her name. He was damn impressed, yeah just by the name!
Hearing her being praised so much, me a self-obsessed little kid got ready to bask in some glory of my name!
But what followed was a complete shocker!
He paused for a minute and then said….
‘nitin’ yeh kaisa naam hota hai????????..:-O
As i looked towards my mom in disbelief, felt a sudden urge to go around that yagna and smack that guy, who was supposedly a learned man!
Had he said those words now, I would have surely sued him!!!
This incident is kinda etched in my memory now!

Well close friends and relatives call me with plethora of names…
Tintin (good they don’t call me snowy!)
Qazi(long story behind it)
Nits
Nitzi
Pandit (dare you call me by this name)

So that’s my NAME STORY…wats urs??????????



P.S. Started reading Sidney Sheldon..reading his works for the first time…and of the 80 pages that I have read, I think he is very sexist *Nitin’s special take*

Labels: ,

 
posted by Nits
Permalink ¤