Monday, January 21, 2008,1/21/2008 10:01:00 PM
NANOing AROUND!

I write this piece as the whole world NANOes around me!
Other than the specifications and the price of the car what excites me is the people’s response!

The other day my mom told me this….
(An excited rickshaw-waalah parks his rickshaw near a Maruti 800 at a traffic signal)

Rickshaw: AYEE Maaruutii!!
Tere din pure ho gaye!..ab toh hum bhi nano lenge!!! (grin grin)

Maruti guy simply looks on perplexed with a half smile on his face!
He couldn’t fathom why did this rickshaw driver decide to open his mouth and comment about his favorite maruti in the first place!!!
Later upon understanding the poor guy’s enthusiasm he returned him a half-hearted smile!

Apart from this the other day I just read an article in HINDUSTAN TIMES about the effect of NANO on the environment and all…
So lets have an imaginary conversation of Ratan Tata and an environmentalist….
Imagine Ratan Tata is a cool dude and not a big shot industrialist!..;-)

Environmentalist: Congratulations Mr. Tata, you have made quite an exceptional car with
your limited resources!
Ratan Tata: Haan Haan pata hai...chal point pe aa!!!
Environmentalist: Tata’s have produced quite an in-efficient car like TATA INDICA in
recent past…how do you think you would convince ur consumers that
NANO wont be the same?
Ratan Tata: Well had INDICA been in-efficient we wouldn’t have sold so many cars!
Huh!?!
Environmentalist: Mr. Tata having so many cars on the streets however small in
Dimension, will have a huge impact on the natural resources as well as
the pollution levels!
Ratan Tata: I think TATA has done lot of social work in the past..havent u seen TIFR,
Cancer research institutes, the money we have put in field of sports( when
other companies have never looked beyond cricket), giving INDIA a city like
Jamshedpur!
Including this, putting INDIA on the world map with this car!
Environmentalist: Well ehh umm I---I sirr just meant to..ehh..ask you few qns!
Ratan Tata: allright then that’s enough, tell me when are you buying my car?
Environmentalist: ehh..thankyou sir for your time!!!

:-D

P.S. I came up with this idea all thanks to geet!..;-)

Labels: ,

 
posted by Nits
Permalink ¤