Sunday, April 6, 2008,4/06/2008 08:38:00 PM
Ek rupaiyaaa baara annaaaaa!!!
'Aaj kal ek rupaiye se kya hota hai sahaab?' My mind floated to the images of Irfan Khan promoting the brand 'vodafone' with their new rates of call/min at rate of re 1/min!
The enormity of things that can be bought for re 1 suddenly dawned upon me, i replied you can make a call for that much. He looked dumbfounded and gave me a harsh look. Well the guy in question was a beggar demanding rs. 2, and i expected him to have a mobile phone in first place!

Guys as we know inflation is really taking a toll on the lower-middle class group, it shocked me to see the prices of a thing as important as milk to shoot in an year and double their past value. Well i know about it since, that is the only thing that i have been buying regularly and probably my only contribution to running of the household!!!

Well you should see the expression on my mother's face when she checks out the prices of the veggies..... 'There was a time when we used to get '16' bannanas for re 1, and see now *sigh*'
Yes 16 bannanas...can you believe it??????
I decided to dig further and asked dad about it...he said he used to get 50 paise as pocket money imagine that in context of the beggar now!!!
I still remember how eagerly i used to wait for that re 1 prize on my own...so that i could buy i chewing gum for myself...frankly its still available for re 1 but now my priorities have changed!!!
So i am still wondering what significant thing could i buy for re 1....
hmm....ehhh......umm....the answer is still awaited!
 
posted by Nits
Permalink ¤