Thursday, February 14, 2008,2/14/2008 08:07:00 PM
On being a Rag-Picker!!!
It’s funny how much is expected of a little kid. One says he will be a great heart surgeon, other he will be the next Warren Buffet,yet another says he would be the next Tom Cruise!!!
I was no different, everybody around me wanted to know what would I be when I grow up. So I was coming up with different professions around me, can you believe it at the age of four! The reason being everyone where so eager to know, what I thought about my future, but yeah at the age of four!

The door-bell rings, a postman is on the door asking for my mom.
I call out to my mom, she signs some documents and the post-man leaves.
Next day at the dinner table I announce: “I want to be a postman, I want to serve the nation!”

My parents were flabbergasted. I didn’t know that I was in for a serious disappointment!
Thankfully I did not insist on being a postman in times of google and yahoo!
But I was determined to come up with a better profession. I started observing people around me carefully. I scanned all kinds of people from rickshaw driver to my school teacher. Ultimately I arrived on a profession after applying much thought.
It was Rag-picker!

Don’t be stunned, it’s the best job on Earth, yeah that’s what I told my parents.
See all I have to do is get together all the garbage on the streets and put them in a *balti* and throw it away outside the colony. After doing this, I can rest for the remainder of the day! This time they couldn’t control their laughter!
They never again dared to ask me, what I was interested in becoming!!!
Still I never ran out of ideas ultimately I settled for engineering, which came naturally to me since my dad is an engineer too. They say an average person changes his field( or line) of work at least 3 times in his life. So don’t know what future beckons me.

But as a famous, smart, handsome and still single engineer has said..” Learn the past, watch the present, and create the future.”…;-)

Labels: ,

 
posted by Nits
Permalink ¤