Thursday, April 17, 2008,4/17/2008 06:26:00 PM
Strange...stranger...STRANGEST
Had sumptuous THAI meal few days back, got my taste-buds working again, which had I guess gone in shut-down mode after all that vada-pavs and samosas! Almost all my friends ask me, why I am so damn religious about my work-outs, so well the answer is rather simple. So that I can eat more of Junk ;-)
This post is not about my diet or work-outs but rather about a strange thing that happened recently to me.
This happened on those rare days when I get to take the car to college. It was around 17:30 I turned a kerb round the parking lot, the watchman at the gate gave me an angry look, reason? Simple I made him move his butt off that comfortable chair, so that he opens the gate! So this is when I just exit the college, but I am still on the main road blocking the gate and the entry to college premises.
A man probably in his fifties walks to the window of my car (the one on the left hand-side of the car). Since my windows where rolled down he started speaking immediately, I tried to listen to what he was rumbling about but had no idea what he was talking about!
Seeing my confused face he flatly asked me….
Man: Gujarati?????
Me: No
Man: (pointing to a piece of parchment in his hand vigorously) yeh pata hai….!@!~#@# $!@$%@!#$%(then again something that I couldn’t understand.)
ME: sorry par samajh nahi aaya….
Man: (he walks to the other window that is, so that he is closer to me now. Again pointing to the paper.) !@#$ Gujarat Nanavati !@@$$@#$%.

well all I could think about was that, probably he was talking about the Hospital Nanavati and about something bad happened to him.
I tried to reason with him, that I couldn’t get a word of what he was saying. By this time the watchman behind lost his cool, started banging my car with his fist, signaling me to move forward so that I clear the gate for other cars to move on. The man suddenly got flustered with prospect of me leaving without listening to him. I had seen enough of bluffmaster movies to realize that probably this one could be a conman. I moved my car ahead, crossing the street and zipped ahead. Later, while driving when I got a grip over what had just happened, I was happy that I just moved on but secretly I did wish I could understand what he was saying. If he needed help regarding money, I couldn’t possibly help him coz I just had few ‘chiller’ left. Though I did what I thought was right then, still donno why but feeling guilty about it…… Whatsay guys????

Labels: , ,

 
posted by Nits
Permalink ¤