Sunday, April 27, 2008,4/27/2008 12:22:00 PM
A Deluge.
Yesterday exactly at 6:30 am, I got up to panicky shouts of my dad!
But still sleepy me decided it must be just the casual routine he religiously follows in the morning…which includes drinking 2 glasses of water followed by his pranayam exercises routine and daily ablutions!
But I guess it was almighty’s decision that I should get up early, no matter what!
I later heard mom’s hushed voices, expecting some trouble I woke up and as I moved towards the drawing room, dad shouted ‘WATCH OUT!’
It was not hard to notice water on the floor. And it seem to be gushing in from somewhere, we quickly checked all the taps but all seem to be proper without any leakage. Finally the source was tracked it was the neighbor’s flat, water seemed to be gushing from there. And this supposed flat is empty and was locked. The guardian of the flat was summoned (guy who had the keys) and the problem was sorted.
Here comes the interesting part, the leakage was with the flush system and now the watchman gave the best news, “टंक में पानी नही है साहब ”!!! this being the morning time when everybody is blissfully unaware of this fact would proceed to carry on their morning routine and would realize this only after relieving themselves!!! :-P
On top of that, all the water was flowing into my house! Which we safely directed towards the bathroom. Later mom and the maid combo worked hard to remove the remaining water. Even I chipped in..:-P
It was obviously as you know now, a big waste of money and resources. It reminded me of the 26th July deluge in Mumbai!
The whole of Mumbai was flooded, and was brought to a complete standstill just because the rain gods where extra generous with Mumbaikars! It surprisingly was a rather lucky day for me, since I had just secured my admission into my college in the morning and had returned home by the time whole of Mumbai was flooded!
So let’s hear it from you guys, were you stuck on 26th July or were plainly lucky?

Labels:

 
posted by Nits
Permalink ¤