Sunday, July 6, 2008,7/06/2008 02:00:00 PM
Got Placed! :-)

This has been just the perfect vacation! everything in place...job...friends...family..outings!!!


First the big news: Got placed at Infosys...after an interview, i thought, i would never clear! :-O


As i found out at the end of the interview that it had been a stress interview, had heard a lot about it but never experienced it...LO! here comes my chance...3rd July...i enter the interview cabin with a folder in my hand and a Lexi pen(blue)...that was for more inquisitive people and yeah also a smile on my face!


I wish her, she asks me to take a seat....and here starts the firing..


1. Why D. J. Sanghvi college??? Don't you think it's too showy??? :-O


Tackled somehow...by harping on the infrastructure and faculty..blah blah..


She starts questioning on my Resume...


2. How can you say you have 'effective communication skills'.....????????????


followed by the question on the logo of 'Times of India'?!?!?


Well this was just a start...and it ended somehow...I had complete faith on myself that i would not make the cut (though it was a nice interview from my side)..somehow my name figured out in the final list!!!! woaah!!


Had almost secured Accenture before this..so i was not really worried...still waiting for the result on Accenture though!





Meanwhile i was reading an article by Vir Sanghvi on the recent chain of events on the political side of our country...i have always been amazed on how he has supported his ideas or talks with appropriate examples, whether it is political or culinary, i have always somehow found him unbiased. Though he may support one side more than others at times but that has to do more with what he thinks is right or wrong at that moment! I Have read Barkha Dutt too and somehow always found her being really one sided and giving vague opinions! I am no one to compare the two GREATS but it just bugs me sometimes that how she made it big only due to her hardworking nature rather than sheer talent, i am sure hundreds of you will disagree with me here! I have not found her changing my opinions about situations as drastically as Vir Sanghvi has...


The link below is of the article he wrote for Hindustan Times...


http://www.hindustantimes.com/StoryPage/StoryPage.aspx?id=e6226fa0-9e23-41e7-984c-edf4deed413e


Remember being politically abreast is not what we choose to do...it's our duty!!!


Boy i sound like 40 yr old! ;-)



Labels: ,

 
posted by Nits
Permalink ¤